Monday, May 6, 2013

Company's Coming Pot Roast (Slow Cooker)

Mom Comment: This was a new twist on a pot roast.  My family loved it and it was pretty healthy and easy to make.

Makes 8 servings and is ideal in a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker (I used my 6 quart and it was fine.)

3-lb. boneless pot roast (I used a chuck roast.)
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp.  prepared mustard
1 Tbsp. chili sauce
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. red cider vinegar (I couldn’t find this so I used red wine vinegar.)
1 tsp. sugar (I used 1 packet of Truvia)
4 potatoes, sliced
2 onions, sliced (I used one large onion)

Place pot roast in slow cooker. Make a paste with the flour, mustard, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and sugar.  Spread over the roast.  Top with potatoes and then the onions.  Cover.  Cook on low 10-12 hours.  (I cooked on low for 9 and then my auto crockpot went to warm for 1 hour.)

Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly cookbook
Submitted by: Amy C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment