Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cherry Dump Cake


Mom Comment: Recently my mom was coming over for dinner and she has an extreme sweet tooth. It was a last minute gathering and I didn’t have time to run to the store to get items, so I opened up my pantry and saw two main ingredients and the third was in the fridge…butter! I got this recipe from a friend a long time ago…she calls it cherry dump cake.

Ingredients:


  • 2 cans of pie filling  (I use cherry)
  • 1 box yellow cake mix  
  • 1 stick of butter 

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a 9x13 pan, put two cans of cherry pie filling (I think you could use any fruit pie filling…I’ve only tried cherry),  on top of the pie filling, place 1 yellow cake mix  on top.  Then cut up 1 stick of butter into pads and place on top of the cake mix. 

Cook for 1 hour. Serve with vanilla ice cream!

Source: Susan
Submitted by: Susan S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment